Skip to content

It’s Wake Up a Sleepy Liberal Day!

July 8, 2009

Wha, they did what, to whom?  Because of the color of their skin?  Oh come on Vigilant lens, it’s 2009!  There’s obviously been some mistake.

Thus concludes my attempted reenactment of a conversation with every Democrat and or MoveOn.org human I know.

Yes Becky!  No shit!  We may have integrated water fountains these days…but one need only put down their 2000 calorie blended coffee beverage and shade grown, child labor free muffin of feel good empowerment, for just a moment…and wow, huh?  The world is one fucked up place.  Did I mention there was a war in Iraq?

Go here for more Rep. Steve King like racism.  It involves kicking black kids out of a pool in a private club.

Yes because they were not white.  Becky.

counter for wordpress

9 Comments
  1. Ginger permalink
    July 8, 2009 18:11

I have a feeling that video’s going to go viral.

Personaly, I’m not surprised. But most of the college kids here are. Most of them think we’re past the worst of this… but of course, we’re not.

Mind you, this is related to the decision that was made by the SCOTUS in, I think, 98? 99?

The Boy Scouts (god bless their ignorant bigoted asses) fought hard to prove that they were a private organization (ignore the congressional charter and the tons of government assistance they get because they are such an icon of Americana). Since the SCOTUS decided that they were indeed a private organization, they clearly can show that they have the right to discriminate openly against any group they wish.

Unfortunately, this south philly country club can use that if they like. They get to say “we’re a private club and we can act like the cast of Birth of a Nation if we want to”

And my guess is, they will.

• lens1 permalink*
      July 8, 2009 18:51

Viral it should be…

I’ll believe you’re liberal when you…sorry, had a cool meme going there for a minute. Ah yes the Boy Scouts and SCOTUS. Two groups no parent should allow their kids to be alone with.
      But yeah, private clubs…Boy Scouts, swimming pools or golf courses etc., the liberals should be surrounding them all and chanting for change. Or something.

2. Godless American permalink
    July 8, 2009 18:12

Your post seems like you’re angry at liberals for… something, instead of the people that are actually racists, i.e. many conservatives.

• lens1 permalink*
      July 8, 2009 18:44

When the liberals who voted for change get out in the streets and demand it, I’ll believe they’re liberal. When the liberals who inhabit the Democratic Party actually use their majority to end pretend wars, I’ll believe they’re liberal. When the liberals surround citizen testing checkpoints set up 100 miles from any border by the Border Patrol, and demand Homeland Security gets out of the human hunting business, I’ll believe they’re liberal.
      When the liberals who are registered to vote, actually do so, I’ll believe they’re liberal. When they stop pretending that they have accomplished something, without doing much of anything…I’ll believe they’re liberal.

Until that day, I’ll be angry. Until that day, I’ll be in the streets with IVAW, VFP and several other groups most liberals wouldn’t get off the couch for.

• Ginger permalink
      July 8, 2009 23:02

Wait…

Do you think that just because people are liberal, left wing, democrat or whatever then they’re not racist?

Oh wow….. Because ….. That’s demonstrably not true for far too many of ’em.

And classist, which is sometimes confounded with racism and/or patronizing attitudes. (Yes, “core” of PTPM – I’m looking at you).

3. Godless American permalink
    July 8, 2009 19:04

I think you need to look up the word liberalism.

You’re specifically talking about anti-war associations, which many liberals support, but it isn’t what makes them a liberal. There is nothing specific about wanting peace and being a liberal. Extreme liberals are called anarchists sometimes.

Next, liberals in way shape or form are the controlling body of Democrats. There are only a few Democrats that actually call themselves liberal. I can see you’re angry, but intead of attacking people that are on the same side, maybe you should put more of your effort into the other side. The specific things you mentioned are important, but there are also other important issues today that other people are trying to fight.

From your tone, I wonder if there is more to Liberals that you don’t like, possibly some of the things they do support or something that you are upset about. I know many, and have met many during my many hours of volunteer work. There are many fronts to be on, do expect everyone to be on the same ones as you?

• lens1 permalink*
      July 8, 2009 20:22

Ahh yes, the old wikipedia definition look up card.

Extreme liberals. Try the anarchy sometime, it will free you.

Watch the video in the post again. Am I angry? Well gosh darn it sure I am! Are you not?

Am I attacking people om my side?

Perhaps wiki knows what side I’m on? My side wants affordable health care, jobs, good schools, roads, bridges and cheap beer. We want people to be free to be themselves and not thrown out of pools because their skin is not white. We want religion to be freely practiced by those who want to. We do not want religion making policy and killing brown people in our name. We want war criminals brought to justice. We do not care if a man sleeps with a man. We know how many troops have died so that moderate Democrats can affix yellow ribbons of troop support to their gas burning, troop supporting vehicle.

My tone? It is not the tone of a sleepy coffee swilling liberal, that soothes the average MoveOn.Org member? Wiki definition or not? What more might I be hiding, pray tell, about liberals that drives me crazy? Their clothes? The food they eat? Their penchant for PBS? The teevee shows they watch?

There are indeed many fronts to be on. But you can not have so many fronts that you lose sight of your soul. You can not separate war crimes, rape, murder and torture, done in your name, and still pine for cheap education and range free chicken. You can not ignore that you now live in a Homeland that has Patriot Acts and spies on it’s citizens and still blog for liberal ideals without calling out the apathetic.

Or maybe you can.

MoveOn.Org and friends, are not racists. They are focused on moderate liberal agendas that we all like, while the dirty work of Democracy spreading worldwide continues.

We can’t have both without removing the cancer first.

• Ginger permalink
        July 8, 2009 22:57

“My side wants affordable health care, jobs, good schools, roads, bridges and cheap beer.”

I dunno about you, but I want good *union* jobs, good, free health care, Free and excellent education for all who want it, roads without potholes, bridges that don’t fall down, and – most importantly – good cheap beer. Plain cheap beer just isn’t worth drinking. :p.

Also I want to reserve the right to point out hypocritical attitudes when I spot them, be they left, right center or lunatic fringe. And trust me, no group is without them. And the rock stars that spout them, seemingly without the slightest bit of critical thought.

But on all other points, Lens, I agree with you. And I feel that I should point out that the moderate “liberal” Democratic agenda now days looks like the right wing’s wet dream of thirty years ago… so… the hell with that, I say…..

• Ginger permalink
      July 8, 2009 22:48

“Extreme liberals are called anarchists sometimes.”

That’s “self-described anarchists” to you, hon.

:p